How many of you have taken the time to write down moments about your life that are worth celebrating as a woman after 50? I doubt many have.
In fact, I wouldn’t be writing on this topic if a woman hadn’t asked me to muse about it. For a full day, darlings, I pondered. I sat down at my computer several times and could not find my voice. Then I realized why.
A moment worth celebrating in the life of a woman after 50 is the sum of several short moments. It is the acquisition of knowledge through experience that creates those ah-ha moments to celebrate. Right?
Now you know that a moment to celebrate does not just appear out of the sky unless you are referring to your birthday or the birth of a grandchild. I will discuss 11 moments every woman over 50 should celebrate because of the astonishing range of life experiences and lessons learned. These experiences catapulted her into worthwhile great moments.
A Woman Should Celebrate Herself After 50
- Her confidence. She knows she does not have to cut her long hair short or stop wearing high fashion and high heels because she is 50 plus.
- Her resolve. She knows how important it is to say what she wants to say and do what she wants to do.
- She is the benefactor of her own life. She values her emotional and physical health and puts her needs on the front burner.
She lives by a set of values.
- Her purpose. She is aware that to be visible and vibrant she has to live a purposeful life.
- Her wisdom. What a lovely gift she has earned.
- Her Joy. Joy is loving what she does.
- Her passion. She showers love on her significant other, her family and friends.
- Her inner beauty. She recognizes her inner beauty is her true beauty.
- Her curiosity. She knows life is a treasure trove of marvelousness and she seeks it.
- Her heart and mind. She does not follow the flock; she follows her heart and her head. They are a team and she knows it.
- Her gratitude. She knows a grateful person is a happy person.