The top 2017 style tips for women over 50December 25, 2017
2017 was a very stylish year, darlings. You know I like to stay on top of trends while not jumping on all of them. I also like to share with you my own personal tips on style. So here I have rounded up some reminders of 2017’s tips as we head into the new year.
2017 style tips for women over 50
- Just because you have “bad feet” does not mean you have to stop wearing stylish shoes. Buy fun sneakers and if you are looking for a heel consider a platform with a wide toe box. There is no reason to forgo style for comfort. You can find comfort AND style. You can read all about my shoe woes and how I overcame them in my story “Shoe tips for women with bad feet over 50.”
- As a woman over 50 there are several very quick changes you can make to your wardrobe and how you think about it that will make you look younger. The first is not everything has to be matchy matchy. Choose shoes and handbags that are complimentary to your ensemble but not the exact same color or pattern. Second YOU DON’T HAVE TO JUMP ON EVERY TREND. For the other three read my story “ 5 Style faux pas of women over 50” here.
- My favorite tip of the holiday season was to embrace menswear for your holiday party. I love being suited up, darlings! It’s such a fun and unexpected look! Read more about dressing for winter events after 50 here.
- On a more casual note just because we are older women does not mean we can let our denim style falter. It’s good to stay abreast of trends in denim. Some things I suggest you consider: colored denim, denim not just on jeans( what is more fun than a fitted jean jacket?!), and despite it being for a casual look, visit a tailor if you aren’t 100% happy with how they are fitting. You probably wear your denim more than most of your other pants so you should make sure they look amazing, darlings. You can read the rest of the tips here.
- And finally, you don’t have to spend a bunch of money to look like a million bucks, dear readers! If you see something designer that you fall in love with spend some time looking around online to see if you can find a similar look at a fraction of the price. If you don’t believe me let me show you! To read about how to get some of my photo shoot look for less click here. If you want to shop styles in winter white click here. And last, if you are all about accessories check out this latest post here.
Above all else in 2018 I believe as women over 50 we should wear what makes us feel good and what makes us happy. Throw away the rule book and enjoy your own personal style!