Years ago, I was flying with my husband, Shelly (my Ultimate Concierge.) At that time, over the course of three weeks, we flew home to Chicago from our second home in Palm Springs so we can spend quality time with my treasured, aging mother, then back to Palm Springs and then to New York. It was a lot of flying!
But, Shelly had a meeting at the United Nations where he is an NGO representative representing The International Real Estate Federation housed in Paris. From New York, we then flew back to Chicago to spend Passover with our families. Ten days later, we then flew back to Palm Springs to live our “other life.”
Some people might find this type of agenda daunting or exhausting, but I love it (and I miss it.) It makes me feel young and alive and reminds me that age is just a number. I love all the adventures we planned and the time I got to spend with family and dear friends.
As I was flying through the clouds onto this next adventure, I thought about three words: razzle, dazzle, and exquisitely. I think continuing on new adventures, learning, and experiencing new things is part of the “razzle-dazzle” of life! Secondly, I have a philosophy: we should all age “exquisitely” in both mind and body. It is important to keep adrenalin pumping at all stages of life!
We all confront issues that are not dazzling; like COVID-19. We all have problems that creep up unexpectedly — believe me, I have had my fair share too. This is all the more reason that you must incorporate “razzle-dazzle” into your life, whatever that may mean to you! It could be as simple as a walk with your pooch or planning an exquisite adventure once quarantine is over.
Jumpstart Your Imagination
To help you think about different ways you can incorporate “razzle-dazzle” into your life and help your mind and body to age “exquisitely,” I have pulled together a few ideas to jumpstart your imagination!
- Act upon your hidden talent or desire. Embrace it! Have you always wanted to learn about gardening – start now! What about experimenting with home décor – what’s stopping you!? Startup a small business – age just gives you more wisdom and resources to do so. Go back to school and get your degree – it’s never too late. Keep learning and continue being curious. Keep your mind active! The best part is, you can do this all from the comfort of your own home!
- Step outside your comfort zone. It’s very easy for us to get into a routine; human beings like routine. But you limit yourself that way, so step outside your box and try something new! Even if it’s taking a new route to work or trying new food from the Indian place down the street – it will help to expand your mind.
- Make good on your promise. Finish what you start. Use your resilience. We are far more resilient than we may believe. Trust me on this one.
- Remember, age is on your side. The older you are, the wiser you become. You’ve grown and learned more about yourself every day. You know what “razzle-dazzle” tickles your fancy. Let inspiration lead to reality!
As I said, both our minds and bodies should age “exquisitely.” As we age, our mind continues to increase in beauty. I know I have attained the beauty of wisdom, and I’m sure you have too! Given this knowledge, it is far easier for me to put into action the life I want to live – an exquisite life indeed! I have salt and pepper grey hair, over 20 dynamite grandchildren and I never feel old. I feel exquisitely beautiful because I am a vibrant woman who sees positivity and opportunity in all situations (even when I struggle) — thanks to my exquisite mind that searches for beauty in everything!
Don’t forget to challenge your mind and provide it opportunities to grow and you will continue to amaze yourself at what you can do. Go out there and find the “razzle-dazzle” that excites you and wake up every morning knowing that you are exquisite!
How do you plan to add razzle-dazzle back into your life during 2021? I want to hear from you in the comments at the bottom of this page!
If you enjoyed this article razzle-dazzle article, please subscribe. Each daily story will be delivered straight to your inbox.
As always, your posts are so timely for me. I agree with so much of what you write.. Age IS JUST a number!
1. birth a www.
2. then birth a small biz
3. I learn something NEW everyday.
4. This is a fear I have of NOT fullfilling my promise Taking a class on spiritual resilience! Finish what I start!!
5. The older I become, the wiser I become.
RAZZLE. DAZZLE. EXQUISITELY.
When the timing is right you will fulfill your promise. Remember, fear never lets us start! Warmly,Hney
Loved your Razzle Dazzle item. With Covid and lockdown and awful British weather your blog today has inspired me to look closer at my life and make some long overdue changes. Thank you Honey.
It is my pleasure. I love your Country across the Pond. Warmly, Honey
Hearing those amazing uplifting words….RAZZLE-DAZZLE AND EXQUISITELY….how perfectly these words have uplifted my spirits as I wait to get an appointment for the Covid-19 vaccine. I will use my creativity to come up with some flamboyant ideas….realistic or not. Thank you for the inspiration.
Please send me some of your flamboyant ideas! I will be awaiting…Warmly, Honey