Monday Motivation: How to Be FreeMay 13, 2019
“The day I understood everything, was the day I stopped trying to figure everything out. The day I knew peace was the day I let everything go.” ― C. JoyBell C.
My darlings, isn’t this a novel idea?
In this beautiful quote, the word peace resonates within me. It’s the idea of letting go of everything that is beyond my control in order to live a bountiful, peaceful life.
To Be Free
As I grow, I have learned that we must be able to be comfortable in our discomfort. In order to be free, we must discard all things that do not serve us even if we do not like them. This includes releasing and experiencing pain, leaving toxic relationships and disposing of bad habits.
When I look at this quote and experience its wisdom, I see that by letting go–by knowing that I cannot understand everything that has happened to me in my life, everything that’s going on in the world–I can, in fact, understand everything.
What does this mean? It means that I can live life in the present moment. Enjoying every wonderful and not so wonderful thing that has or has yet to happen in my life is what brings color to my days. By knowing I can’t control the future, or what happened in the past, I’ve relieved myself of negative feelings and energy. As a result, I’ve stopped the unpleasant thoughts from entering my mind because I have surrendered. I have surrendered to the unknown and let go of all that does not assist me.
We have to take the wisdom of our past experiences and let them flow into the wind like the leaves of autumn. Just like those departed leaves, we must shed our old selves and bloom again in vibrant colors.
I know you might be thinking, my darlings, that it’s much easier to speak of such goals rather than embodying them. I want to tell you that conceding control and clearing out negative thoughts, energy and experiences might be the hardest thing one will do.
We Are Strong In Our Imperfections
Personally, this was difficult for me to do as well. None of us are perfect; however, we are not meant to be perfect. We are destined to be strong in our imperfections.
Now, how does one relinquish control? Let go of our incessant need to figure things out?
One step at a time, my lovelies. The process may include:
- Cleaning out your closet. Perhaps you have old clothes that belonged to your ex-husband or possibly your high school boyfriend. You might be keeping old clothes you used to fit into or ones you think you may need. Let them go, my darlings, so you can be free of them.
- Taking long strolls and listening to music so that your love tank fills up.
- Calling someone you love or think about often to apologize for something that happened yesterday or years ago. Let the weight be lifted.
- Letting yourself have something you’ve been craving without the guilt. Enjoy the small things in life.
- Being honest with yourself. Whatever emotions or things you are feeling, allow yourself to feel them. For instance, figure out where they are coming from and their source. Do not judge or suppress these feelings. Let them live within you, and ultimately, let them go.
- Living in the present. We oftentimes let ourselves live in the future, my darlings, causing us to stress and be in anxiety. Meditate, relax, bring your mind back to the now. Don’t allow yourself to think you can control the future. You can’t, my darlings, but you can control how you feel right now.
- Learning to trust. Have the confidence and grace to know it will all work out. Fear can cause us to fall down an endless rabbit hole, my darlings. Take a deep breath and slow down. Allow yourself to trust in yourself. I know you can do it!
You Will Bloom
Remember my darlings, do not fear! Doing at least one of these steps once a week will lead you well on your way to freedom. Each time you take a little baby step, your shoulders will become lighter, your light will shine brighter and you will bloom!
Have faith that you are not alone. Know that I am here for you. Your friends at MOXIE! are here to lend you courage and strength when you may not have it.
Lastly, my sweet readers, remember that peace already exists within you. It is waiting for you to let go and discover it. Will you allow it to wash over you? I believe in you so give it a try!