Spring is a time of rebirth and growth, and summer is when everything is in full bloom. The chartreuse of new leaves gives way to deeper emeralds. Green is my favorite color and, in summer, it’s everywhere you go.
While the seasons are ever-changing, my style stays true, give or take a layer or two. Fashion is here today and gone tomorrow, whereas a woman’s style is her biography. This is why, when shopping, I not only shop with my heart (I know my style and I rely on my favorite shopping tips) but why I chose to purchase quality items of worth. When I make a purchase, I know this item will be a new longtime staple in my wardrobe. That being said, I’ve included well-priced style swaps too!
Here are the items that I’ve picked up for the summer, or that I already have and plan to wear this season.
Honey’s Summer Picks: Beauty Must-Haves
Four things that I wear every day no matter the season, are sunscreen, red lipstick, my favorite perfume, and a smile.
- I’ll admit it, I have a love affair with lipstick. Tom Ford and Guerlain are my favorites. You can find this Guerlain Velvet Matte Lipstick here.
- As a cancer survivor (2 different types, melanoma is one of them), I would never leave the house in the daylight hours without sunscreen. Even when it’s cloudy or cold, it’s a must. I recently found this one by Supergoop! and I love that it’s a mineral sunscreen that goes on smooth and sheer. Get the Supergoop! Sheerscreen Sunscreen here.
- I love my refillable Guerlain lipstick case, I have several. They are so chic and turn the simple act of putting on lipstick into an experience. I highly recommend it! You can find this Guerlain Velvet Lipstick Case here.
Honey’s Summer Picks: Favorite Accessories
My long-time readers will know that I adore a good accessory — read my best tips on shopping for accessories here (I also share some of my all-time favorites). Accessories are always at the top of my list. Why? Because accessories can change the look of one outfit from casual to empowered or dressy. Accessories are the spice in your look.
- This Stella McCartney Mini Eco Shaggy Deer Chain Tote Bag is darling and it happens to be 40% off right now!
- Valentino Garavani Logo Leather Wrap Bracelet—bracelets are one of my favorite accessories!
- I have several accessories for my Apple Watch. I love to dress her up and I love this MICHELE
Silicone Wrapped Stainless Steel Apple Watch Bracelet.
- These BRINKER & ELIZA Minetta Keshi Pearl Earrings bring to mind the sea and the sun.
Honey’s Summer Picks: Wearables
I’ve never been a wallflower, I love to stand out in a crowd! That does not mean my whole wardrobe is flashy, I like to mix in everyday neutrals and basics with splashier pops of fun. Here’s what I’m wearing this season:
- The brightness of the lush pink of this Retrofete Kristen Single-Breasted Woven Cutaway Blazer makes me as happy as sunshine.
- Of my several pairs of Gucci shoes, these Gucci GG Canvas Low-Top Platform Sneakers are just the thing for every day out and about. And of course, if the sun’s out, I’m out!
- I believe that dressing to flatter your body’s shape is the best thing you can do to feel confident. This Veronica Beard Arvilla Crisscross Short-Sleeve Peplum Top cinches at the waist and is so flattering.
- Protect your best feature (your face and smile!) from the harsh summer sun. This Sensi Studio Textured Straw Bucket Hat does the job and looks amazing while doing it.
- These pants give me comfortable yet chic vintage vibes. The fit on these Cay Baggy Denim Cargo Pants by Alice + Olivia is just right!
Honey’s Style Swaps
Now I want to show you some incredible finds to zhuzh up your summer look while leaving a bit more in your wallet for that amazing vacation.
There you have it! My personal picks and some savvy swaps. Let’s all gear up for our best summer ever. I am smiling.
What is your can’t-live-without summer pick? Join the conversation in the comments below.
**Honey Good may receive a small commission for items purchased through links on this page. This helps with the cost of maintaining this site and is at no additional cost to you.