Darlings, books can have a profound impact on our lives as women, so I want to share my favorite reads of 2022 with you. Books allow us to explore new ideas, expand our knowledge, and gain new perspectives on the world. Through reading, we can gain insight into the lives of others and learn from their experiences. We can also use books to connect with our own experiences and emotions and to gain a deeper understanding of ourselves and our place in the world.
Books can also be a powerful source of empowerment and self-improvement for women, especially those of us over 50. By reading books focusing on women from a woman’s perspective, we can learn strategies for overcoming challenges and achieving our goals. We can also gain confidence in our abilities and develop a stronger sense of self-worth.
In addition to providing personal growth and empowerment, books can also serve as a source of entertainment and escape. They can transport us to different worlds and introduce us to fascinating characters. We can lose ourselves in a good book and forget about our daily stresses and worries for a little while. Who doesn’t need that every now and then?
Books can also provide companionship and support during difficult times. After my late husband passed many years ago, books were a tool I used to better my life. They can offer comfort and understanding when we are feeling lonely or overwhelmed. They can also be a source of inspiration and motivation when we need a little extra push to keep going.
Darlings, truly, the impact of books on our lives as women cannot be overstated! They provide us with knowledge, empowerment, entertainment, and support, and can enrich our lives in countless ways. I hope you choose to read (or listen to!) some of my favorite books from 2022 to 2023!
My favorite books of 2022
- Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg
- The Confidence Code: The Science and Art of Self-Assurance—What Women Should Know by Katty Kay and Claire Shipman
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brené Brown
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brené Brown
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up – Marie Kondo
- Rachael Ray 365: No Repeats
- Gift From The Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh
- Ho’oponopono by Ulrich E. Duprée
- Reconnecting With Your Estranged Adult Child by Tina Gilbertson
All of these books have enriched my life in one way or another – some through entertainment, some by insight, and some through the way of self-help and education. I know that books have the ability to change our perspectives and therefore our lives.
Happy reading, darlings.
What do you plan to read in 2023? What were some of your favorite books of 2022? Let’s chat in the comments!