One beauty post a week for a whole year equates to a lot of tips and tricks, darlings! And I don’t want you to forget anything as we move on to 2018 so I’ve rounded up my top 10 beauty tips for women over 50 of 2017 as a reminder.
2017’s beauty tips for women over 50
- When it comes to the best eye makeup for women over 50 it’s all about the details. You need mascara that thickens while lengthening, eyeshadow that won’t settle into fine lines and a pair of tweezers that can get even the finest of hairs. I shared all of my favorite brands to get the details right in my story “The best eye makeup for women over 50” which featured products by Tweezerman, Tom Ford, Dior and Lorac.
- Our hair, including our eyelashes, undergo a lot of changes as we age, and there is a mascara to help correct for all of it. If your lashes are thinning or if your eyes are sensitive we rounded up the best mascaras for each woman over 50 in the story “For women over 50 these are the best mascaras.”
- We can’t stop time, darlings( and why would we want to? We’re only getting more fabulous!), but we can slow it down. At least when it comes to our aging skin. In “5 tips to slow your skin’s aging after 50” we discussed how a healthy diet, probiotics, and a regular skin care regime all aid in anti-aging. It’s also very important if you see an irregularity in your skin, like a spot, that you have it checked out. I’m all about being proactive in your healthcare routine!
- As a woman over 50 you need to be using a nightly eye cream, but that’s not the only thing you should be adding to your skincare routine. Products with anti-oxidants and extra moisture should also be a part of that routine which I go into in more detail in my post “Tips for the right skin care routine after 50.”
- Sometimes older women get stuck in a rut which is why you should definitely consider changing your hair. This might be less of a beauty tip and more of a motivation to go out and try something new, but in “5 reasons you should change your hair” avoiding a rut is a really big reason to change it up. A new look can give you a new perspective.
- Another great reason to change your hair is addressed in “Is your hairstyle aging you?” If your hair is thinning there both products and dietary changes to consider. You need to keep up the color contrast in your hair, but also your cut might not be working for you. Consult a stylist to see if there’s a look that might shave some years off.
- Taking care of aging hair might mean doing less. Like blow drying less, shampooing less, and coloring less. Read the why behind all of this in a contributor post from earlier this year titled “ Haircare advice for women over 50.”
- You don’t have to spend a lot to get the trendiest makeup looks. As we proved in “Cosmetics that look designer that you can get at the drugstore” there are plenty of drugstore products that mimic designer looks. Take for instance the L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Dual Effects Eyeshadow in Perpetual Nude which looks a lot like a palette from the designer Tom Ford.
- Taking care of your skin in the winter is just as much about your environment as what you are putting on your skin. Investing in a good humidifier could do wonders for your skin. There are good choices you can make in products as well. Read the full story at “How to protect your aging skin in the winter.”
- Natural oils are great for your skin and show up as ingredients in many products. If you have steered clear in the past of these natural ingredients because you already have oily skin we dug into the benefits of avocado oil, flaxseed oil and jojoba oil in “Embracing oil in skincare after 50.” Most help with moisture, but reducing fine lines and wrinkles is also a bonus.
2017 was a pretty beautiful year and I think 2018 will be even more beautiful, darlings. It will also definitely have more beauty tips for women over 50 from HoneyGood.com!