Things I STILL Give a Damn AboutMarch 24, 2017
Last week, HoneyGood.com published “Things I Don’t Give a Damn About Anymore!” by guest columnist Steven Ziplow.. One of my readers, Dawn, asked me to give my perspective on the topic–from a woman’s perspective. As I considered the subject, it became clear that my view is not about things I don’t care about anymore, but things I STILL give a damn about.
Women Are The Gatherers
As I read the earlier post, I could not relate. I suppose it is because I am the Yin and he is the Yang. If you read the book “Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus,” you know that men live in their cave while women spend their lives gathering everything from people to flowers.
It was not only his blog that puzzled me but his bio that said he “totally loves the idea of aging and pokes fun at it in his writings.” Guys do that, but I don’t know many women who do.
Dear readers, we were not in sync. When I read his title, “Things I Don’t Give a Damn About Anymore,” my initial thought was, these are things I never think about.
Things I STILL Give a Damn About
I decided for Dawn and for all of you, to instead muse about our Golden Years.
- I will make my golden years golden.
- I will live in the present. It is a gift.
- I will take risks.
- I will look for role models who are aging exquisitely.
- I will take care of my body.
- I will take time to simply be.
- I will surround myself with women who are intelligent and loving, avoiding women who wear masks.
- I will acknowledge my blessings and always be grateful.
- I will say a daily prayer for my ultimate concierge, my family and my pooch, Orchid.
- I will smile!
These are ‘gathered’ thoughts. We Yins just can’t stop gathering.