Let’s talk about the best summer sunscreens for people of all ages!
Sunscreen is very important for every person on the planet. We need to wear it if we want to protect our skin from harmful UV rays, painful sunburn, and of course, wrinkles. As well, did you know that dermatologists recommend that you use sunscreen with SPF 30+? It’s true. This is because an SPF of at least 30 blocks out 97 percent of the sun’s UVB rays. A higher number SPF blocks slightly more of the sun’s UVB rays, but there is no sunscreen that can block 100 percent of the sun’s UVB rays.
Now, I know that it can be hard to remember your sunscreen, especially if you’re a person on the move like me. Because of this, I recommend adding sunscreen to your morning skincare routine before you put on your makeup, or buy a tinted moisturizer that has sunscreen within it. If that doesn’t work for you, carry a small travel tube of sunscreen with you in your purse, backpack, or car! That way you always have a backup when needed.
There are a few factors you should also look for when choosing sunscreen. Did you know the formula of your sunscreen really does matter? Now, what do I mean by that?Physical/mineral sunscreens (made with zinc oxide or titanium dioxide) sit on top of the skin and help to deflect UV rays, while chemical sunscreens (made with ingredients like oxybenzone) work by absorbing the UV rays. If you have sensitive skin, mineral sunscreens are usually best and they are also more of a natural product. They are also reef-safe which helps the oceans and keeps the reefs colorful and healthy.
A Few More Tips
- Make sure to choose a sunscreen right for your skin. Don’t choose oily sunscreen if you have oily skin!
- Choose a lotion sunscreen vs. a spray sunscreen. Spray sunscreens tend to miss spots and leave parts of your skin unprotected.
- Look for “broad spectrum” on the label of your sunscreen. This helps to protect you from both UVA and UVB rays.
- Rub that lotion in! Don’t be shy, apply a good amount and rub it in so that it completely absorbs into the skin.
- Buy a water-resistant formula!
So, without further ado, here is our list of the best summer sunscreens to keep you safe, happy, and your skin healthy (and wrinkle-free!).
High Protection Sunscreens SPF 30-40+
- EltaMD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 for Sensitive or Acne-Prone Skin, Oil-free, Dermatologist-Recommended Mineral-Based Zinc Oxide Formula
- Vanicream Sunscreen with Broad Spectrum SPF 35
- Badger – SPF 35 Clear Zinc Mineral Sport Sunscreen Cream with Broad Spectrum, Water Resistant, and Reef Safe natural ingredients
- CeraVe 100% Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 | Body Sunscreen with Zinc Oxide & Titanium Dioxide for Sensitive Skin
- TULA Skin Care Protect + Glow Daily Sunscreen Gel, Broad Spectrum SPF 30, Reef-Safe with Pollution & Blue Light Protection
- Supergoop! Glowscreen SPF 40, Primer + Broad Spectrum Sunscreen with Blue-Light Protection – Adds Instant Glow & Hydration – Contains Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin B5 & Niacinamide
Very High Protection Sunscreens SPF 50+
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Water Resistant and Non-Greasy Sunscreen Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 100+
- CeraVe 100% Mineral Sunscreen, SPF 50, with Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide for Sensitive Skin
- Hawaiian Tropic Island Sport Sunscreen Lotion, Lightweight, Broad Spectrum SPF 50
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Melt-In Sunscreen with Broad Spectrum SPF 60, Oxybenzone & Octinoxate Free
- Neutrogena Beach Defense + Water Resistant Sunscreen Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 70
- Aveeno Protect + Hydrate Face-Moisturizing Sunscreen Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 70
Lip Sunscreen & Tinted Moisturizers
- Sun Bum SPF 30 Sunscreen Lip Balm | Vegan and Cruelty-Free Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB Lip Care with Aloe and Vitamin E for Moisturized Lips
- Panama Jack Sunscreen Lip Balm – SPF 45, Broad Spectrum UVA-UVB Sunscreen Protection, Prevents & Soothes Dry, Chapped Lips
- Aquaphor Lip Protectant and Sunscreen Ointment – Broad Spectrum SPF 30 – Relieves Chapped Lips, Fragrance-Free
- bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream with SPF 30
- Australian Gold Botanical Sunscreen Tinted Face BB Cream SPF 50 – Vegan
- Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream Makeup with Broad Spectrum SPF 30
If you enjoyed this piece, please subscribe to my email list. When I post a daily story, you will receive it in your inbox.
Want to Learn How to Start a Blog?
Download my free eBook!
* This blog contains affiliate links. Honey Good makes a small commission when you purchase an item from one of our links.