As the New Year rolls in, these are my thoughts for all of us women over 50.
Let Us All:
- Reconnect with life and let our anxieties wane.
- Celebrate reconnections and live with a purpose.
- Never forget the importance of gratitude.
- Allow our personal light from within to shine.
- Speak out, laugh heartedly, love deeply, and be a positive force in the lives of those we know and love.
We are women over 50… Hear us roar with this message throughout 2022!
It is time to move forward into normalcy. After living too long in the dark tunnel otherwise known as Elsewhere. We may not fully comprehend all our newfound positive strengths and lessons learned over the past several months. Though, I think we have learned much and are stronger in our convictions. Also in our need for community and companionship, and our desire to show gratitude for our blessings.
Feeling grateful is a truism. Therefore, I think a positive way to begin 2022 is to get out a pen and paper and respond to the following:
- Name three specific things you are grateful for about your family:
- Name three blessings in your life:
- Write down three things that caused you pain that you are now grateful for:
- Name three people you respect and admire because they are grateful:
I AM FIERCE
I recall writing a poem for Chicago Magazine. It was an assignment based on the word, fierce. To express why I am a fierce woman. I ended my poem with this sentence, “I am fierce because I am a grateful woman. Gratitude spills out of me and as I have written in the past it was not taught with words it was taught by parents who had me ‘do’ deeds of goodwill.”
I don’t think a person can be happy unless they have the inner ability to show their gratitude. It can be in the form of a note, a smile, a touch, a helping hand, a gift. Or even an “OMG I can’t believe how blessed I am to appreciate nature.” Gratitude unlocks your soul to feel the fullness of life.
It is now your time to own your personal rebirth.
- Create meaningful opportunities
- Nurture yourself with a newfound purpose
- Let your cup overflow with gratitude.
You are a woman over 50 + and you get it.
BE A CHARISMATIC FRIEND
Loneliness crept into our lives with a vengeance over the past two years. We felt loneliness in most areas of our lives. Our daily lives as we knew them were put on hold. We had no family, no friends, no celebrations, no workplace to commingle with acquaintances and friends. Our lives became barren. No movies, no trips, no restaurants, no theatre or libraries. We were locked behind masks and closed doors.
It is time for us to bloom once again, sweet readers. I don’t know about you but I am empowered to step out and live. Suddenly, I am ‘boosted’, though God knows I did not want to be… I do suppose it gives me a bit of assurance.
- It is important in 2022 to rejoin your community of family and friends.
- Become confident in your own skin. Trust your opinion. Voicing your opinion shows confidence in what you have to say.
- Treat everyone with respect. Greet everyone with a smile. Engage when people talk to you. Be supportive of others’ choices.
- Listen to others and be selfless allowing people to express themselves.
- Self-control is challenging. Take a deep breath and breathe slowly before reacting.
2022- SELF REFLECTION
2022 is our time for a personal rebirth. With rebirth comes self-reflection. It is healthy and I believe healing. It is time to recreate meaningful opportunities. All while nurturing ourselves with a newfound purpose, sincere gratitude, community, and friends.
We are women over 50 who have weathered many life’s passages. We landed on our feet and should be grateful and humbled for our blessings.
Here’s to a happy, healthy, and fruitful New Year in 2022, sweet readers of mine. Use your empowerment. Revel in Enlightenment and bask in luxurious happenings every day of the coming year.