Are you making time for your partner?January 29, 2019
It’s the truth, at any age, all men are little boys. And we still love them. That’s why making time for your partner is so important.
As a young girl, I watched my mother treat my father in a very loving manner. My father always came first. They had a very loving and respectful relationship and my father was not a demanding husband. My mother just knew how to make him happy. She earned my father’s admiration and love and she was adored beyond words.
In return, my mother also taught me how to make a man happy. She said, “Remember Susan, all men are little boys.” They need care, attention, and praise. However, if you take good care of your man, he will revere and love you back.
Are you making time for your partner?
And I will add my advice: a woman makes a relationship/marriage. We are the nurturers, the caretakers, the ones who kiss the boo-boos and make them all better.
When I married my husband, 27 years ago, I knew what would make him emotionally happy. I developed a pattern and was smart enough to know if I followed my plan I would have a great marriage. Shelly and I love each other, like each other and are best friends.
Relationships are hard work, but here are a few ways you can show your partner that you care:
- Making time and looking great for your man lets him know your care.
- Have an early morning cup of tea or coffee together.
- Make him a light breakfast. If you have to leave the house early set the table for his breakfast and leave a loving note.
- Praise your man.
- Text him or call him during the day just to tell him you love him.
- Always go to bed together. It does not matter if one of you stays up. It is intimate and caring.
- Take up a sport or share a hobby that he likes so you can share time together. I learned how to play golf and ski for my husband.
- Greet him at the door at night looking great. Physical attraction is key to having a loving relationship.
- Be interested in his career and attend all functions both business and charity.
- Let him know by your actions that he is #1 in your life. Put him above everyone and everything.
- Kiss him every day.
You will have to sacrifice sometimes, but relationships are two-sided and require sacrifice from both parties and trust me, the reward will be greater than the sacrifice.
If you enjoyed this story, please subscribe to my email list. Once a day, when I post a new story, you will receive it in your inbox. SUBSCRIBE HERE.