BY DANIELLE CRARY
By now, you’ve most likely heard talk about CBD. As one of the hottest products in the market, the terminology associated with CBD can be quite confusing. So, the question remains: what is CBD?
CBD has been a viable alternative health option for decades. Now popular in the mainstream – because of numerous scientific studies and the recent passing of the 2018 Farm Bill – CBD has the potential to help ease a multitude of everyday ailments, including stress, anxiety, inflammation, and sleeplessness. With powerful properties that work to reduce anxiety and pain, CBD users are seeking new ways to ease their tension without the laundry list of harsh side effects common with traditional pharmaceuticals.
“CBD works synergistically with your body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS), which is responsible for managing homeostasis – the body’s ability to regulate and stabilize itself from the outside environment.”
To learn more about CBD, we met with cbdMD, a leading CBD company based out of North Carolina that is committed to the highest standards of CBD sourcing, extraction, and production. Their comprehensive line of CBD oil products come from non-GMO, vegan, and gluten-free hemp that’s grown right here in the U.S.A. – in other words, you won’t get high.
The science behind CBD
CBD works synergistically with your body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS), which is responsible for managing homeostasis – the body’s ability to regulate and stabilize itself from the outside environment. ECS functions include regulating body temperature, maintaining blood sugar levels, inflammation responses, stabilizing CO2 levels, and more.
By interacting with specific receptor cells, CBD has the ability to promote beneficial effects throughout the human body. Working to mimic the look and functions of cells found in your body, CBD promotes recovery and/or positive effects. Although CBD oil works in similar fashion to common medications, our CBD is extracted naturally from plants, instead of produced synthetically in a lab.
- CBD helps promote a sense of balance throughout the body. For example, the vanilloid receptors regulate both pain and inflammation. When activated, these receptors help you experience less pain and inflammation. CBD targets these receptors to help promote healthy bodily functions while working to diminish lingering pain symptoms.
- CBD has also demonstrated the ability to interact with the hippocampus – the part of the brain that shrinks when someone is experiencing anxiousness or depression. Once CBD is introduced, the hippocampus cells may grow and increase in size to better contribute to the alleviation of anxiety and stress.
- CBD has demonstrated the ability to slow the growth of bacteria, while also showing properties that pacify the symptoms associated with pain, anxiety, and stress. It has also shown positive effects on maintaining a healthy nervous system, while also promoting a better, more restful night’s sleep.
CBD for your pets
Not only is CBD a best practice in pain management for humans, CBD has also demonstrated the ability to improve your pet’s health and reduce their anxiety levels. With on-going research, the list of CBD oil benefits only continues to grow, giving more and more hope to patients suffering from a multitude of symptoms.
Superior. Consistent. Quality.
Not all CBD is created equal, and not everyone will react the same to a new CBD regimen.
“CBD is also non-habit forming, so you won’t feel the addictiveness associated with harsh pharmaceuticals.”
Taking CBD is similar to starting a diet; you can’t expect results after just one healthy meal – it takes time. CBD benefits are cumulative, so be patient and consistent to ensure that the potency has time to build up in your system. Daily use is suggested and dosage will vary for each individual. A good rule of thumb is to start with a smaller dose and adjust accordingly. Visit www.theCBDexperts.com to discover which dosage best suits your needs.
CBD is also non-habit forming, so you won’t feel the addictiveness associated with harsh pharmaceuticals.
Something for everyone
cbdMD offers customers plenty of ways to enjoy their daily dose of CBD:
- Sublingual tinctures drops (taken under the tongue), capsules, and gummies (edibles)
- Powerful topicals designed for recovery, pain/inflammation, and revitalization
- Full line of human-grade pet products for your furry friends
- Vape oils for quick bioavailability
This spring, cbdMD will be launching cbdPM and CBD Transdermal Patches. cbdPM is our all-natural sleep aid combining the beneficial properties of CBD and the relaxing benefits of Melatonin. The cbdMD Transdermal Patches will allow you to target pain and inflammation directly through the absorption of the CBD combined with a powerful assortment of additional beneficial molecules, essentials oils, terpenes, and amino acids.
Whatever method you choose, stick with it and embrace the CBD difference. Check out some of our favorites here. cbdMD is offering an exclusive GRAND discount – just enter discount code GRAND20 at checkout and receive 20% off your purchase. As always, FREE SHIPPING ON ALL US ORDERS complete with a 30-day, money-back guarantee!
Danielle Crary, CAPM, is the Public Relations Manager at cbdMD