The Perfect Jewelry for Every Occasion
Finding the perfect jewelry for every occasion is always a headache in the life of a staunch fashionista. Everyone wants to buy beautiful accessories, be it necklaces, rings, fingerprint bracelets, or earrings, and actually get the chance to wear them for the right occasion.
If you wear the wrong jewelry for the wrong occasion, you risk being judged as being over the top or too dressed down. Luckily, there are 3 tips that will always help you choose the perfect jewelry and beautify your overall appearance for every occasion:
1. Know the Appropriate Jewelry for Your Audience
The idea is always to dress to impress, and you can only impress the right audience. If the cluster of people attending that occasion cannot appreciate the beauty of your jewelry, for whichever reason, then you will be wasting your time and glamor on people who don’t deserve it. You will know that your jewelry is inappropriate if:
- It is too flattering to the point of stealing all attention away from the event epicenter, or the occasion itself. Don’t, for example, steal the bride’s shine by wearing more expensive jewelry.
- It makes you look oblivious. For example, if you wear overly expensive jewelry at a funeral, no one will notice and even the few that do will be depressed by it.
If you need jewelry for all occasions and seasons, a quote necklace is what you need. Such engraved jewelry is trendy, doesn’t attract unwanted attention, and makes you feel beautiful all the time. They come in shiny gold, gemstones, and silver- however, you like it!
What Are You Wearing?
- If you are wearing a strapless dress to a wedding, necklaces would look crass and exaggerated. Chandelier earrings would make a better jewel in that case.
- If you are wearing a turtleneck dress or sweater, a hanging statement necklace would be great, unlike short necklaces that usually get lost in the design.
- If you are wearing a V-neck dress, pendant necklaces are your best asset.
- A fingerprint bracelet or a chunky bangle would be awesome for halter-tops.
- Your diamond studs will look best if you are in jeans and a t-shirt.
- If you wish to flaunt your gold bangles, wear them with a sundress. It will make all the difference.
Don’t Overdo It
As much as you are wearing it with the right outfit and for the right audience, you must not overdo it otherwise you will look over the top. If you overdo it, your one piece of outstanding jewelry will not stand out as much as you’d like it too because its shine is masked by other jewels. Balance everything out! If you wear your favorite earrings, leave out the necklace. If you are wearing your fingerprint bracelet or a set of bracelets on your wrist, skip the rings. Don’t make people choose what to pay attention to and what to ignore.
What Jewelry to Wear For What Occasion?
Jewelry for official functions
You are mostly in suits when attending official functions or when going to the office. That means your gorgeous new diamond necklace will not make the cut because it is too conspicuous. The main idea behind official jewelry is to complement your outfit, not exactly to make you look too garish or glamorous. After all, your looks shouldn’t feature anywhere in your business conversations. Choose simple diamond studs, not more than two rings, and not-too-long gold chains for official duties.
Jewelry for a dinner party
A unique blend of diamond drop earrings, diamond earrings, and bracelets will go well for a black-tie event. If you are going for a flawless finish but with a toned-down sparkle, a simple pendant necklace would be great.
For a casual dinner party, you need classic design jewelry e.g. delicate pieces or silver chains.
Jewelry for a wedding
Go all flashy and glamorous, but don’t outshine the bride. If you opt for a monochrome outfit, e.g. a red dress, choose jewelry items that contrast the outfit, perhaps a green emerald ring and matching earrings. Choose colorless diamonds if you are wearing a colorful dress for a calm contrast. Just be careful not to be excessive.
Whichever piece of jewelry you decide to wear, wear it with pride and confidence. Let your attitude and ease make everyone appreciate that you made the right choice even when you didn’t. Stand by your choice and live it to the fullest. After all, it can’t get more wrong.
What are your favorite pieces of perfect jewelry to wear? Let me know in the comments at the bottom of this page, I want to hear from you!
If you enjoyed this article, please subscribe. Each daily story will be delivered straight to your inbox.
Want to Learn How to Start a Blog?
Download my free eBook!
America loves The Farmer’s Dog food. I know your pup will too. It’s a service that delivers balanced, freshly made pet food with simple recipes, guided by science, and driven by love. And, if you click the link below, you will get a whopping 50% off your first purchase. Let me know if your pup likes it. CLICK HERE
* Honey Good gets commissions for purchases made through links in this post.