Is there a magic formula in lighting one’s personal fire? Being a romantic with a strong spiritual side and one who does think a woman’s dreams can come true, I do think each woman over 50 has her own magical moxie, her own personal fire, her desire, that creates her positive fire within. I also think a woman’s personal fire within escapes her when she gets hung up on her imperfections. Why not take a rain check on your imperfections and concentrate on your positive desire and drive to find your personal fire within?
How does a woman find her personal fire within? That shouldn’t be a hard question, but it is because every woman has her own manner. I do feel there are certain qualities a woman has after 50, some to a greater degree than others. A few of these traits include self-esteem, self-respect, self-confidence and a sound self-image with drive and desire.
The Adrenaline Rush That Never Fades
Let’s go back in time when you were an eight-year-old little girl. What did you dream of becoming?
I remember I dreamt I would lead an exciting life. I felt joy because I just knew I would. It was my dream and every time I thought about that dream, I experienced a little girl’s adrenaline rush. I didn’t know what I would be or where I would go; I simply knew I would.
It was my dream and no one could take that away from me–not my teachers and not my parents. Maybe just maybe we discover our inner selves at a very young, innocent age. Maybe our dreams are really our reality. I don’t know. But, I can tell you this: I still get that adrenaline rush for every exciting situation that comes my way.
I think you probably had your dreams at an early age. We were so pure at age eight. We didn’t have any thought of imperfection to stifle our dream, our emotional fire within. Consider taking your time to write down what you dreamt about when you were right. I think you may surprise yourself.
How To Find Your Personal Fire After 50
This is a great time of the year to reflect. After all, you clean out your closet and get serious about completing unfinished tasks in order to free your mind to think about the upcoming holiday festivities. Fall is also the perfect time to think about yourself; shed the layers of mental paraphernalia that no not longer serve you or reflect who you are.
After the age of 50, we enter a new and exciting passage of our life: time for ourselves. This change can be as refreshing as the seasons if you allow yourself to continue to grow your personal fire within after the age of 50.
I think most of us at this stage of our lives own our personal fire within. I also think we continue to discover ourselves and this produces a weaving in of a new self imbued with moxie.
A Combination of New and True
For example, my true self is sensitive, empathetic, resilient, loving and self-sacrificial. My new self, developed over the past few years, is more assertive, daring and bold. I seesaw between my new and my true self because I consider this powerful self- growth. Combining these characteristics is a big part of my personal fire within.
I think knowing your desires and having drive is fundamental to finding your personal power within because you must recognize who you are and what is important to you. After a woman turns 50 plus, she has acquired her personal strength, personal power, personal confidence and competence. Now you have to take your lifelong lessons and use them to your advantage. You’ve got it; now use it!
To Continue Lighting Your Personal Fire Within, Consider the Following:
- You want to be proactive and self-assertive rather than passive and dependent. It is not easy, but when you open your mouth and express your thoughts and views that are not popular with the group just a few times, you will physically feel your power and trust me it feels exhilarating. You go, girl!
- Explore new ideas that have piqued your curiosity. Don’t be afraid to get your feet wet, even soaked! Exhilarate in the world around you for personal growth.
- Your relationships with your mate, family, friends, and co-workers should be based on equality. You have opinions. You are a teacher, a sage, a woman of worth.
- Take power over your existence, the you in you, while being open to constructive criticism. I have learned so much by listening to others guide me when I need guidance.
- Gratitude grants you latitude. Be thankful. Show appreciation. Smell the flowers and bloom and I promise you, you will find your ultimate personal fire within.
Finding your personal fire depends on you. Thrive on your positivity, your drive and your desire rather than your imperfections. Look forward to the years ahead with the thought of continuing to embolden your personal flame!