I turned to my best resources: the internet and my interior decorator. Lucky for you, I’m divulging all my best secrets with you today, darlings!
6 Tips to Help you Create Your Chicest Workspace Yet
1. Clear away the clutter. Dedicate one day a week to cleaning your desk. Read mail, recycle papers and shred the important documents. There’s nothing like starting a new work week with a clean desk.
2. Cut the cord. Nothing ruins a pristine workspace like a mess of tangled cords. There are some great cord management systems on the market that group all your cords together and conceal the mess. If something cannot be concealed… find a new home for it!
3. Shop for chic storage solutions. Utilize bookshelves and available filing systems. Look for pieces that have strong form and strong function. Long gone are the days of ugly file cabinets. There are many chic solutions out there.
4. Add some personality. Think luxe rugs, a small grouping of photos in decorative frames and travel trinkets, but be selective! Less is more when it comes to accessories. Unique paperweights and tchotchkes can frame a stack of books or add a punctuation mark to a lonely shelf.
5. Go green. Some of the most tranquil workspaces have a touch of green that can add life to even the most well-worn offices. Not to mention, plants remove toxins from the air. Fresh air and a bright workspace… what’s not to love?
6. Get inspired. Clear some wall space for a decorative cork board and hang imagery that will keep you inspired whether that’s something you tore out of your favorite architectural magazine or a handwritten thank you note from your grands. Pin items that bring a smile to your face as you sip your first cup of joe for the day!
The Bottom Line
A clutter-free office allows you to stay productive and focused. Budget one hour every week for a quick decluttering session and run to your local farmer’s market for fresh flowers and you are sure to see your workspace as inspiring and inviting.
If you enjoyed this story, please subscribe to my email list. Once a day, when I post a new story, you will receive it in your inbox. SUBSCRIBE HERE.