The Best Lipsticks For Women Over 50March 15, 2018
Today, I’m sharing the best lipsticks for women over 50… and at all price points! But first, a thought: rules for women after 50 are basically made to be broken because life is really too short not to be bold, confident and you know my darlings, wear that red lipstick! Now, I know I wrote red lipstick, but if you’re more into lighter hues, then there is nothing wrong with that. As always, you do you!
Regardless of color, there is just something about a good lipstick that makes me feel proud, courageous and like I am ready to take on the world. If you don’t believe me, then take it from Elizabeth Taylor, “Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.” I dare you to try it and see how you feel with a bold lip… at any age!
The good news is that it’s just lipstick, pretty non-committal; if you don’t like it, then just wipe it off!
Lipstick is a beauty must! When we’re young, it’s often all about the color of the moment but as we mature, a great lipstick needs something we already have… staying power! Does that mean you need a pricey lipstick? Not at all, darlings. Quality comes in all types of lipstick cases so think of price like we think of our age — it’s just a number!
The best lipsticks for women over 50
I have compiled a list of some great brands to consider and split them up between two price points.
In terms of a lower price point, here are some quality, yet more affordable brands, all usually available at your local drugstore:
1. Maybelline: I love the Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lip Color line in Rich Rudy, and it’s just $7.99.
2. Covergirl: My favorite from this brand is the Outlast All Day Lipcolor in Ever Red-dy for $10.99.
3. L’Oréal: I like the Cinnamon Toast color for a darker hue from the Colour Riche Lipcolour line, and it’s only $8.99.
If you’re really looking for a lipstick splurge, these lipsticks are excellent, but will cost you a little extra. They are best found in department stores, other dedicated makeup stores and online:
1. Estée Lauder: The Pure Color Envy lipstick is excellent in all the colors and is $32 here.
2. Chanel: The Rouge Color line is my favorite and it’s so hydrating. It is $37 here.
3. Lancôme: I have found the best to be the Color Design Sensational Effects lipsticks. They come in several brilliant colors and are $23 here.
4. And, if you watched my last Facebook live you know that I swear by Tom Ford. It’s my “signature” lip hue and, in my opinion, one of the very best lipsticks for women over 50.
If you enjoyed this story, please subscribe to my email list. Once a day, when I post a new story, you will receive it in your inbox
If you have something to say about the best lipsticks for women over 50… let’s talk! Share your favorite brand and hue either in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, GrammaGood, LLC may receive compensation.